Welcome to Guru Nanak Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology
M. Pharm in Pharmacology
- Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
- Affiliation: Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT)
- Guru Nanak Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology offers Masters in Pharmacology and this specialization was established in the year 2012. The objective of the department is to educate and equip the students preparing for careers in pharmacology including teaching and research in an academic or industrial setting or in pharmaceutical companies and government research organizations.
- GNIPST follows the syllabus of PCI which includes the subjects such as modern pharmaceutical analytical techniques, advanced pharmacology, pharmacological and toxicological screening methods, cellular and molecular pharmacology, principles of drug delivery etc. along with hands on experiments. After studying this course, a student would be able to apply, analyze and evaluate screening of different drugs efficiently and may understand the molecular aspects of drug therapy in human.
- At GNIPST students are not only trained in about the concepts of pharmacology and equipped with the ability to understand the molecular mechanisms of drugs, significance of correct dosage, efficacy and safety of medicines etc., they are also provided with hands-on experience of appropriate practical experiments in well-equipped labs. This holistic training, therefore, provide extensive employment opportunities by pharmaceutical industry and contract research organizations in various areas such as basic pharmacological research, toxicology, clinical pharmacology, scientific writing, regulatory, pharmacovigilance and medical marketing etc.
Eligibility & Intake :-
Candidate should have passed B.Pharma from recognized university.
Duration - 2 years (4 semesters)
Intake - 15